General Wage Adjustment

Related Links


Raad Building
128 10th Ave SW
PO Box 47500
Olympia, WA 98504-7500

Contact Us

What is a General Wage Adjustment (GWA)? 

A General Wage Adjustment is a pay adjustment given to state employees. Visit the General Wage Adjustment page to find the state’s current and historical General Wage Adjustments.

Who is eligible?

The Legislature ultimately determines which state employers are eligible to receive the General Wage Adjustment. 

How is the General Wage Adjustment funded?

It is authorized and funded by the state legislature. The amount may vary, based on your union representation, what was bargained on your behalf, and budget.

When do state employees receive the General Wage Adjustment?

The state legislature authorizes the effective date of the General Wage Adjustment.